To meet increased power efficiency demands and regulatory standards for desktop PCs, All-in-One PCs and notebook adaptors, Fairchild Semiconductor has developed the FAN6204 secondary-side synchronous rectification (SR) controller that increases power efficiency while integrating more functions.
Using a proprietary linear prediction timing-control technique, not limited to the RDS(ON) of the SR MOSFET, the FAN6204 is suitable for fixed frequency or quasi-resonant (QR) flyback converters and discontinuous or continuous conduction mode (DCM and CCM) operation. This technique includes a simple control method without current-sense circuitry, which provides better noise immunity.
- SR Controller
- Suited for Flyback Converter in QR, DCM, and CCM Operation
- Suited for Forward Freewheeling Rectification
- Internal Green Mode for Lower No-Load Power Consumption and Higher Light-Load Efficiency
- PWM Frequency Tracking with Secondary-Side Winding Voltage Detection
- Ultra-Low VDD Operating Voltage for Various Output Voltage Applications (5V~24V)
- Ultra-Low Green Mode Operating Current: 1.1mA Typical
- VDD Pin Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
- 12V (Typical) Gate Driver Clamp
- 8-Pin SOP Package
Pricing: $00.57 in 1,000 quantity pieces
Availability: Samples available now; delivery: 8-10 weeks ARO
Datasheet: Click here.