Texas Instruments Inc. has introduced two-channel simultaneous-sampling successive approximation (SAR) analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) with two independently controlled internal references for simplified system-level design.
The 16-bit ADS8363, 14-bit ADS7263 and 12-bit ADS7223 are pin-for-pin compatible and provide twice the per-channel throughput of similar ADCs, supporting speeds up to 1 MSPS for industrial and energy applications such as motor control, power quality measurement, protection relays, power automation, solar inverters and wind generators.
- Integrates two 2.5-V, independently controlled references to simplify system-level design, enabling separate ADC gain calibration and the implementation of a programmable gain amplifier
- 1-MSPS throughput increases efficiency for higher performance
- FIFO reduces processor accesses by 75 percent or more
- Supports up to eight pseudo-differential or four fully-differential input channels grouped into two pairs
- Characterized for harsh industrial environments up to 125ºC
- 5-mm x 5-mm QFN package
Pricing: For 1,000-unit quantities is as follows: $9.95 for the ADS8363, $6.95 for the ADS7263 and $3.95 for the ADS7223.
Datasheet: Click here.