To provide high reliability and protect against short circuits in critical
applications, Vishay Intertechnology’s latest surface-mount Hi-Rel COTS series
of solid tantalum chip capacitors combine Weibull grading and surge-current
test options per MIL PRF 55365, a low-ESR option, and built-in fuses.
T86 series devices feature an internal fusing mechanism that activates at +
25 °C for 0.1 s with a 5 A minimum applied current. In the event of a failure
due to excessive current flow, this fusing prevents damage to circuit
components in high-reliability avionics and military applications, such as
radar, missiles, and other weapons systems.
- Low ESR option down to 0.25 Ω at + 25 °C and 100 kHz
- Offered in the C, D, E molded case sizes
- Capacitance range of 0.47 μF to 470 μF
- Voltage range from 4 V to 50 V
- Standard RoHS-compliant tin terminations
- Operate over a temperature range of – 55°C to + 125°C
Pricing: For U.S. delivery begins
Availability: Samples and
production quantities are available now, with lead times of 10 to 12 weeks for
Datasheet: Click here.