Analog Devices, Inc. is sampling what it claims is the industry's first 3-GHz (gigahertz) HDMI receiver for advanced television solutions.
The ADV7619 dual input receiver incorporates HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) specification version 1.4a support 3D display resolutions and extended colorimetry. Unlike 2.25-GHz ICs, ADI's ADV7619 3-GHz, dual-port receiver is effective for next- generation home entertainment AV (audio/video) systems that must support the higher data rates required for emerging 3D and HD sports, movie and broadcast content.
The 3-GHz receiver enables home- and pro-AV designers to deliver the full benefits of 3D and HD video formats by meeting demanding performance requirements, including 3D 1080p at 60 Hz for more realistic fast motion sports content, and 4K x 2K (4,000 x 2,000 pixels), for the high-end resolution used by digital cinemas, which is four times the resolution of 1080p.
- Supports 4k × 2k resolution
- Implements adaptive equalization technology with automatic adjustment
- Incorporates ADI's proprietary Xpressview fast switching of HDMI ports
- Includes on-chip CEC (consumer electronics component) controller,
- Integrates audio codec
- High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) 1.4 support with internal HDCP keys
- Audio support of S/PDIF (Sony/Philips digital interface format) for compressed audio, including Dolby Digital and DTS
- 2-channel I2S audio for transmitting stereo at sample rates up to 192 kHz
Pricing: $7.09 in 1ku quantities.
Availability: Sampling now; full availability June 2011.
Datasheet: Click here.
Watch a video on the benefits of the ADV7619 3-GHz receiver: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWQ-u5YKQCs.