Parade Technologies Ltd. has expanded its USB 3.0 repeater/redriver IC product line with the PS8720, which supports two bi-directional USB ports on a single device.
Housed in a 32-pin 3x6mm TQFN, Parade claims the PS8720 is the smallest dual repeater/redriver package on the market. Parade is offering two versions of its dual bi-directional USB 3.0 repeater/redriver. The PS8720A uses a single 1.5V power supply; the PS8720B uses a single 3.3V power supply. Both devices support all four USB 3.0 power management modes, which allow for power saving, suspend and power down modes when the device is not active.
- Supports USB 3.0 at 5.0Gbps
- Smallest dual port USB 3.0 redriver available
- 32 pin TQFN package, 3×6 mm
- Supports Low Frequency Periodic Signaling (LFPS) with fast LFPS enter/exit time
- Supports full USB 3.0 power management
- Low power consumption
- Adjustable equalization for optimum performance
- Automatic power saving mode
- Supports hot plug through automatic receiver detection
- Integrated 50Ω termination for Input and Output
- Pin control and expanded feature I2C control mode
- Programmable output de-emphasis levels
- In-Line signal traces for flow-through PCB layout
- 0° to 85°C operating temperature range
- ESD: Human Body Mode to 8 kV
Pricing: $2 each in high volume.
Availability: Sampling now; production volumes will be available September 2011.
Product brief: Click here.