Linear Technology has introduced the LT5400, its first family of precision matched resistors designed for high performance signal conditioning applications in difference amplifiers, precision dividers, references and bridge circuits.
Three resistor network options are in full production today with resistor ratios of 1:1 and 10:1 quad 10K resistors, quad 100K resistors and dual 10K / dual 100K resistors. Each LT5400 has guaranteed matching of 0.01% from -40°C to 85°C, and 0.0125% from -40°C to 125°C. The LT5400 matching is enhanced with "matching for CMRR," a new metric that guarantees CMRR performance when configured in a difference amplifier circuit. The LT5400 matching for CMRR is only 0.005%, a 2x improvement over independent resistors with 0.01% matching, according to Linear.
As a replacement for discrete resistors, the small LT5400 MSOP package minimizes thermal gradients, and ensures consistent conditions over time and temperature for all four resistors. Since the LT5400 is based on conventional silicon fabrication and assembly, it is relatively insensitive to shock, vibration, humidity and temperature extremes. A high temperature option is available that is fully specified from -55°C to 150°C. The LT5400 is suitable for instrumentation and test equipment in heavy industrial, military and automotive environments.
- Matched Independent Quad Resistors
• 10k and 100k Resistor Values
• 1:1 and 1:10 Ratios
- Excellent Matching Over Temperature
• A-Grade: 0.01% Resistor to Resistor
• A-Grade: 0.005% Matching for
• B-Grade: 0.025% Resistor to
• B-Grade: 0.015% Matching for
- <1ppm/°C (Max) Matching Temperature Drift
- ±75V Operating Voltage
- 8ppm/°C Absolute Resistor Temperature Drift
- <2ppm Long-Term Stability at 2000 Hrs
- –55°C to 150°C Operating Temperature
- Low Profile 8-Lead MSOP Package
Pricing: Starts at $3.49 each in 1,000-piece quantities.
Availability: Samples and production quantities are now available; additional options with different resistor values will be available soon.
Datasheet: Click here.