KEMET Corp. released what it says is the industry’s first Multilayer Ceramic Capacitor (MLCC) in an EIA 0402 case size capable of reliable performance in environments up to 200°C.
According to KEMET, its high temperature 200°C series features a robust and proprietary base metal dielectric system that offers industry-leading performance relative to capacitance and case size combined with capacitance stability at extreme temperatures up to 200°C. This platform promotes downsizing opportunities of existing high temperature C0G technology and offers replacement opportunities for existing X7R/BX/BR technologies.
Typical applications include critical timing, tuning, circuits requiring low loss, circuits with pulse, high current, decoupling, bypass, filtering, transient voltage suppression, blocking and energy storage for use in extreme environments. High temperature environments are commonly present in down-hole exploration equipment, aerospace engine compartments and geophysical probes.
- Voltage: 10VDC–100VDC
- Case Sizes: 0402
- Capacitance: 0.5pF–1,500pF
- Dielectric: C0G
- No piezoelectric noise
- Extremely low ESR and ESL
- High thermal stability
- High ripple current capability
- Preferred capacitance solution at line frequencies and into the MHz range
- No capacitance change with respect to applied rated DC voltage
- Minimal capacitance change with respect to temperature from -55°C to +200°C
- No capacitance decay with time
- Non-polar device
Datasheet: Click here.