Semtech Corp. claims the latest device in its buck regulator platform, the SC286, is the world's smallest 4A, dual-channel regulator for point-of-load (POL) applications.
The SC286 combines two step-down regulators each with 15 preset output voltages controlled by four on-chip voltage identification (VID) pins, all in an ultra-small, low-profile 4 x 4 x 0.6mm package, enabling a compact, overall design footprint of less than 200mm2. This combination of features lets designers optimize power conversion to support more features in less space without the inventory challenges associated with using multiple regulators.
- VIN: 2.9V to 5.5V; VOUT: pin-programmable 0.8V to 3.3V
- 28-pad MLPQ package, 4 x 4 x 0.6 mm
- Ultra-compact, <200mm2 solution footprint
- Integrated VID pins to pin-select output voltages or for dynamic voltage scaling (DVS)
- 1.6MHz switching frequency
- Efficiency up to 95%
- Fast transient response
- Cable Modem: Switching Regulators
- GPON - Gigabit Capable Passive Optical Network: Switching Regulators
- HDTV: Switching Regulators
- Laser Printer: Switching Regulators
- Notebook PC: Graphics Memory Controller, I/O Controller Hub, Peripheral Power Router and Switch: Switching Regulators Set Top Box: Switching Regulators Wireless Base Station: Low Current Power, System Control Processor Wireless Node B: Low Current Power, System Control Processor
Pricing: $3.36 each in 3,000-piece lots.
Availability: Production quantities.
Datasheet: Click here.