Vishay Precision Group Inc. announced that its Vishay Foil Resistors division (VFR) has enhanced the RCK and S series of high-precision Bulk Metal Foil (BMF) resistors.
The devices feature an improved design and manufacturing process, resulting in improved power dissipation, fast thermal stabilization of <1 second, low thermal EMF of 0.05 μV/°C, resistance tolerance to ±0.005% (50 ppm), and increased performance in high-moisture, high-temperature, and high-pulse applications. In addition, the devices are now offered with Improved Performance Testing (IPT) for increased long-term stability under load and other stresses.
The newly advanced structural design of the RCK and S series resistors employs a pre-planned stress compensation that never exceeds Hooke's constant for the materials. Therefore, the resistors maintain their molecular-level structural integrity and assure resistance stability throughout the load-life and application environments of the resistor — holding resistance change to less than 0.05% throughout the planned life of the equipment.
- Fast thermal stabilization of <1 second
- Low thermal EMF of 0.05 μV/°C
- Resistance tolerance to ±0.005% (50 ppm)
- Provide a military-grade typical TCR of ±2.0 ppm/°C from -55°C to +125°C, +25°C ref.
- Load-life stability of ±0.005% (50 ppm) at +70°C for 2,000 hours at rated power
- Achieve levels of 50 ppm after 10,000 hours when processed through the IPT protocol
- Resistance values from 0.5 Ω to 1 MΩ
- Rated for power levels up to 2 W at 70°C
- (ESD) in excess of 25 kV
- Rise time for the resistors is a nearly immeasurable 1 ns with effectively no ringing
- Low voltage coefficient of <0.1 ppm/V
- Current noise of 0.010 μVRMS/V of applied voltage (<-40 dB)
- Non-inductive (<0.08 μH), non-capacitive design
Availability: Samples and production quantities are available now, with lead times of five days for prototype samples, and from two days to five weeks for standard orders.
Datasheets:RCK Series and S Series