STMicroelectronics has started offering engineering samples of its smallest 6 degrees of freedom (6 DoF) device in its iNEMO inertial module family.
Designated LSM330DLC, the multi-sensor device integrates three-axis sensing of linear and angular motion in a 4 x 5 x 1 mm package, yielding a size reduction of almost half over competitive parts, according to the company. The LSM330DLC is aimed at delivering better user experience and motion-sensing in mobile phones, gaming controls and other consumer electronics.
The LSM330DLC is fully software-compatible with ST's latest-generation 3-axis digital accelerometers (LIS3DH) and gyroscopes (L3GD20), making it easy for customers using ST's single-function sensors to upgrade their designs.
- Analog supply voltage: 2.4 V to 3.6 V
- Digital supply voltage IOs: 1.8 V
- Low power mode
- Power-down mode
- 3 independent acceleration channels and 3 angular rate channels
- ±2 g/±4 g/±8 g/±16 g dynamically selectable full scale
- ±250/±500/±2000 dps dynamically selectable full scale
- SPI/I2C serial interface (16-bit data output)
- Programmable interrupt generator for free-fall and motion detection
- ECOPACK RoHS and "Green" compliant
Pricing: $3.20 each for 1k quantities.
Availability: Engineering samples. For high-volume needs, please contact an ST sales office.
Datasheet: Click here.