FCI announced that AirMax VS high speed signal connectors meet the dimensional and electrical requirements described in the CompactPCI Serial (PICMG CPCI-S.0) Specification.
Connections between a front system or peripheral board and the backplane are accomplished using right-angle headers and vertical receptacles. The interface to a rear I/O board uses right-angle receptacles and vertical headers. The open pin field design of AirMax VS signal connectors provides flexibility to use pins for differential or single-ended signals, ground or power.
With four differential pairs per column wafer and 2 mm column spacing, the connectors provide up to 184 pin pairs in a 3U form factor for exceptional signal density in a 20.32 mm (0.8 inch) card slot. The opposed dual-beam receptacle contact structure provides high reliability for electronic equipment, instruments, or systems that may see use in more demanding industrial environments.
- Meet the mechanical and electrical requirements of the CompactPCI Serial Specification
- FCI technologies for shield-less design with no metallic plates and closely coupled differential pairs deliver low loss and crosstalk
- Support PCI Express, SATA/SAS, USB 2.0/3.0 and 10 Gigabit Ethernet high-speed serial interfaces
- Signal density of up to 184 pin pairs (on 3U) with serial data rates up to 12.5 Gb/s
- Opposed dual-beam receptacle contact structure provides high reliability
- Open pin field design provides flexibility to use pins for differential or single-ended signals, ground or power
- Compatible with Hard Metric equipment design practice
- Halogen free products aid efforts to minimize the use of environmentally sensitive materials in the electronics industry
- Lead-Free and RoHS compliant
Pricing: The AirMax VS connectors for CompactPCI Serial systems provide 12 individual contacts per column, which supports four differential signal pairs. Pricing typically starts at $0.10-$0.12 per mated signal line.
Availability: Lead time of four to six weeks.
Datasheet: Click here.