Azoteq released a capacitive sensor controller that yields a signal-to-noise ratio of 1000:1. Dubbed IQS243, this latest addition to the company's ProxSense family of capacitive proximity and touch controllers uses advanced analog and digital circuitry to achieve its proximity and touch performance levels.
The IQS243 can work reliably through glass up to 15mm thick and achieves proximity detection up to 150mm. The device can operate from 1.8 to 3.6V and achieves power consumption as low as 2.5mA while still sensing proximity and touch. The I2C compatible interface allows for full control of the sensor functions from a host controller.
Azoteq will be releasing a full family of controllers during 4Q11 and 1Q12 based on the IQS243 technology. The family will expand function sets to include stand-alone devices, projected capacitive sensors and lower cost 2-channel SO-8 devices.
- 3 Channel input device
- Proximity & Touch on each channel
- I2C interface
- Automatic tuning to optimum sensitivity
- Supply Voltage 1.8V to 3.6V
- Multiple Low Power Modes
- Internal voltage regulator and reference capacitor
- Large proximity detection range
- Automatic drift compensation
- Consumer electronics – TVs, Blu-Ray players, Set-top boxes
- White goods and appliances
- Office equipment, toys, sanitary ware
- Proximity detection that enables backlighting activation
- Wake-up from standby applications
- Replacement for electromechanical switches
- GUI trigger and GUI control proximity detection
Pricing: $0.39 in 1K quantities.
Availability: Samples and production are available now.
Datasheet: Click here.