Linear Technology announced the LT3745, a 16-channel LED driver integrated with a 55V step-down controller. The LED driver powers up to 75mA of LED current for each channel, which can drive up to 36V of LEDs in series, making it suitable for applications such as large LED billboards.
Each channel has individual 6-bit dot correction current adjustment and 12-bit gray scale PWM dimming. Combined with a 0.5µs minimum LED on-time, the LT3745 offers very wide dynamic contrast ratios. Both dot correction and gray scale dimming are accessible via a serial interface in TTL/CMOS logic. The LT3745's 6V to 55V input voltage range is well suited for a wide range of input sources found in commercial and industrial designs, typically between 12V and 48V.
- 6V to 55V Power Input Voltage Range
- 16 Independent LED Outputs Up to 75mA/36V
- ±3% LED Current Matching at 50mA (TYP ±1%)
- 6-Bit Dot Correction Current Adjustment
- 12-Bit Grayscale PWM Dimming
- 0.5µs Minimum LED On-Time
- Adaptive LED Bus Voltage for High Efficiency
- Cascadable 30MHz Serial Data Interface
- Full Diagnostic & Protection: Individual Open/Short LED & Overtemperature Fault
- 40-Lead 6mm x 6mm QFN Package
- 16-Channel 50mA Buck LED Driver
Pricing and availability: The LT3745EUJ is available in a 40-lead 6mm x 6mm QFN package, priced starting at $4.95 each, in 1,000-piece quantities. The extended temperature version the LT3745IUJ, or I-grade, is also available, priced starting at $5.45 each in 1,000-piece quantities. All versions are available from stock. Datasheet: LT3745