Nuvoton Technology Corp. introduced the ChipCorder ISD9160 system-on-a-chip (SoC) device, which features a 32-bit ARM Cortex-M0 microcontroller core.
The ISD9160 is designed to optimize low-power audio recording and playback in industrial applications, such as portable medical devices, security systems, and public transit vehicles, as well as consumer designs, including wireless audio, capacitive button sensing for touch panels, home appliances, toys, and novelty items.
With a Cortex-M0 core running at up to 50MHz, power-management features, embedded Flash and SRAM memory, real-time clock (RTC) control, and multiple general-purpose IOs (GPIOs), the ISD9160 enables designers to develop systems and individual products capable of delivering clear, reliable, easily managed audio recording and playback. In addition, the chipís highly integrated architecture eliminates the need for various periphery chips.
- ARM Cortex-M0 core (up to 50MHz)
- Power management (wide voltage range; four levels of power control; sub-ĶA deep-power-down, wake-up, standby with RTC <6ĶA, processor sleep modes)
- On-chip memory (145K Flash, 12K SRAM)
- Clock control (48/32MHz built-in trimmed and ultra-low power 10kHzoscillators, 32kHz RTC crystal interface)
- GPIOs (four IO modes, selectable input, switchable pull-up)
- Analog-to-digital converter (16-bit output, 80dB signal-to-noise ratio, programmable-gain and microphone-boost amplifiers and programmable bi-quad filter)
- Differential audio output (Class-D direct speaker driver delivers 1watt in to an 8ohm speaker at 5V)
- Automatic level control (programmable gain/boost amplifiers up to 61dB, microphone- and speaker-sharing for BOM reduction)
- Timers (two, with 8-bit pre-scaler and 24-bit resolution)
- Watch dog timer (configurable on/off setting, multiple clock sources, eight selectable time-out periods)
- RTC counter (alarm registers, selectable 12- or 24-hour mode, automatic leap year recognition
- Hardware cyclic redundancy check, or CRC (for detecting and correcting errors in wireless audio transmission)
- Ports (UART, SPI, I2C)
- Optional external memory interfaces (SPI Flash, SD card)
Pricing: $2.50 in volume.
Availability: Sampling now, with production scheduled for early Q4í11.
Product brief: Click here.