Compliant with the HDMI standard, the AP2331 single channel current-limited load switch from Diodes Inc. has been optimized for HDMI and monitor port protection duties, 3V-5V hot swap interconnects and other applications subject to heavy capacitive loads and short circuits.
Diodes' 0.2A rated, SOT23 packaged load switch helps improve system robustness with its fast and accurate over-current, over-voltage, reverse-current, thermal and short circuit protection as well as controlled turn-on time and under-voltage lockout functionality.
By including a built-in soft-start capability, delivering a 0.7ms typical turn-on time, the AP2331 increases system reliability by reducing inrush currents to a safe level. In addition, its output discharge function ensures a controlled discharge of the output voltage stored on the output capacitor when disabled.
Consumer applications include set-top boxes, laptops and LCD TVs.
- Input voltage range: 2.7V – 5.2V
- Fast short-circuit response time
- 0.4A accurate current limiting
- 250mO on-resistance
- Reverse-current blocking
- Built-in soft-start with 0.7ms typical turn-on time
- Over-current protection
- Over-voltage protection
- Short-circuit and thermal protection
- ESD protection: 3KV HBM, 300V MM
- Ambient temperature range: -40ºC to 85°C
- Available in “Green” molding compound (No Br, Sb)
- Lead free finish/ RoHS compliant (Note 1)
- UL recognized, file number E322375
- IEC60950-1 CB scheme certified
Pricing: $0.05 USD each in quantities of 1K.
Datasheet: Click here.