Macro Sensors has upgraded its series of intrinsically safe LVDT linear position sensors for use in hostile environments such as gas/ steam turbine plants, chemical process plants and paper mills.
Rated for operation to 212°F (100°C), the HLR sensors are now UL/ULC listed for hazardous locations Class I, Division 1, Groups A, B, C, D and Class I, Zone 2 by Underwriters Laboratories. Constructed entirely of stainless steel for environmental robustness, the HLR Series LVDT linear position sensors offer reliable and contactless position measurement for critical applications.
A through-bore design makes the LVDT cores accessible from both ends for better mechanical support and core guidance and easy cleanout in dusty or dirty locations. Sensor lead wires exit through a radially mounted 1/2-14 NPT male threaded conduit fitting for easy attachment to an explosion-proof junction box as well as rigid or flexible conduit. For added protection against environmental elements, electronics can be installed in explosion-proof enclosures and connected to LVDTs using a suitable conduit.
Available in full-scale measurement ranges from ±1 inch to ±10 inches, units feature repeatability typically better than 0.01% of full scale and non-linearity of less than 0.25% FRO.
- Input Voltage 3.0 Vrms (nominal)
- Input Frequency 2.5 to 3.0 kHz
- Linearity Error < ±0.25% of FRO
- Repeatability Error < 0.01% of FSO
- Hysteresis Error < 0.01% of FSO
- Operating Temperature -65 °F to +300 °F -55 °C to +150 °C
- Thermal Coefficient of Sensitivity -0.01%/°F (nominal)
- -0.02%/°C (nominal)
- Vibration Tolerance 20 g to 2 kHz
- Shock Survival 1000 g, 11 ms
Datasheet: Click here.