The XMC-280 CC JPEG 2000 video compression XMC mezzanine card now comes with conductive cooling. Built by Curtiss Wright, the open standards-based module speeds and simplifies the integration of high-performance, visually lossless video compression into rugged military systems. The XMC-280 captures, compresses, decompresses, and displays two channels of video at resolutions up to 1080p and 1920x1200. It’s designed for demanding applications such as situational awareness that require the distribution or recording, display and storage of mission-critical video.
- XMC (VITA 57) mezzanine format
- Video IO via XMC rear IO connectors Pn5 and Pn6
- Up to 1920x1200 at 60Hz
- Analog RGB
- PAL/NTSC composite
- Digital DVI signals
- Captured video is compressed using a high-performance FPGA-based JPEG2000 algorithm, or transmitted over PCIe interface uncompressed
- Audio support
- Two (2) stereo channels or four (4) mono channels
- 16-bit 48kHz, WAV and PCM encoding
- JPEG2000 ISO/IEC15444-1 image compression standard (9/7 irreversible wavelet compression)
- Visually lossless compression at ratios in excess of 10:1
- Support for both 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 video coding
- Four-lane PCIe 1.1 interface optimized to provide in excess of >500MB/s in each direction
- Software support includes:
- Windows and Linux on x86 hosts
- Linux on PowerPC/Power Architecture hosts
- Fully integrated into CWCEC Video Recording and Distribution (VRD) and Sentric2 digital recording solutions.
- Available at CWCEC Level 200 conduction-cooled environmental specification, as well as a Level 0 air-cooled version with front panel IO.
The XMC-280 CC enables users to distribute multiple channels of high-definition video over standard Gigabit Ethernet networks. Details are retained at 50:1 compression so that up to eight channels of 1080p60 video can be transmitted over a single Gigabit Ethernet channel. The module can be deployed on a variety of conduction-cooled host formats, including 6U VME and 3U and 6U VPX boards, such as CWCEC’s VPX3-1252 rugged 3U VPX single board computer, and associated carrier cards.
Available now. For more information, download the datasheet