austriamicrosystems released the AS8222 FlexRay transceiver with an in-package maximum ambient temperature of 150°C and bare dice with a maximum temperature of 165 °C.
The AS8222 is the first to be able to work in harsh, high temperature powertrain applications. This extended temperature range enables the use of FlexRay in every vehicle domain, especially in environments beyond the standard automotive requirements.
FlexRay is an automotive network communications protocol designed to be faster and more reliable than CAN. These transceivers provide the interface between the digital logic and the copper cable transmission lines. With transmission rates up to 10 Mbit/s, FlexRay provides 20 times the speed of the unshielded twisted copper cable used in cars today. FlexRay is fault tolerant and time triggered, providing dependable delivery of messages for safety applications.
The AS8222 is a single FlexRay transceiver with a battery supply connection and FlexRay bus wake-up functionality, and conforms to the FlexRay standard v2.1 rev B. austriamicrosystems’ AS8222 provides various bus and failure diagnostics, making it optimal for high-speed automotive bus systems and safety-critical applications.
- Data transfer up to 10 Mbps
- Compliant with FlexRay physical layer specification v2.1 rev. B
- Excellent EMC performance
- High common mode range insures excellent EMI immunity
- Interface with optional bus guardian for bus supervision
- Automatic thermal shutdown protection
- Supports 12, 24V systems with low sleep current
- Integrated power management system
- Two INH pins for the external voltage regulators control
- Local wake-up input
- Remote wake-up capability via FlexRay bus in sleep mode
- Supports 2.5, 3, 3.3, 5 V microcontrollers and automatically adapts to interface levels
- Does not disturb the bus line if not powered
- Protected against damage due to short circuit conditions on the bus (positive and negative battery voltage)
- Wide operating ambient temperature range -40°C to +150°C
- Pb Free
- Small Pb-free package: SSOP-20
- Automotive qualified to AEC-Q100, grade 0
Pricing: $4.20 in 1000-piece quantities.
Availability: In an SSOP20 package with an ambient temperature range of -40 to +150 °C. For added flexibility, it is also available as bare dice with a temperature range of -40 to 165°C.
Datasheet: Click here.