Microchip Technology Inc. announced the MCP9808 silicon temperature sensor, which serves a broad range of applications by guaranteeing high accuracy of 0.5 degrees from -20 to +100 degrees Celsius, along with high temperature resolution of 12 bits (0.0625 degrees Celsius/LSB).
The MCP9808 comes in small MSOP and 2x3 mm DFN 8-pin packages, for space-constrained applications. Additional features include shutdown, an under/over-temperature monitor and a critical-temperature alert.
Many applications require high accuracy over a variety of temperatures, such as thermostats (-20 to +45°C), personal computers (+85°C) and industrial/automotive (+125°C). With its high accuracy levels over a wide temperature range, the MCP9808 is well suited for all of these applications.
- ±0.25°C (typical) from -40°C to +125°C
- ±0.5°C (maximum) from -20°C to +100°C
- User Selectable Measurement Resolution:
- 0.5°C, 0.25°C, 0.125°C, 0.0625°C
- User Programmable Temperature Limits:
- Temperature Window Limit
- Critical Temperature Limit
- User Programmable Temperature Alert Output
- Operating Voltage Range: 2.7V to 5.5V
- Operating Current: 200 µA (typical)
- Shutdown Current: 0.1 µA (typical)
- 2-wire Interface: I2C/SMBus Compatible
- Available Packages: 2x3 DFN-8, MSOP-8
Pricing: Starts at $0.84 each, in 5,000-unit quantities.
Availability: Samples and volume production
Datasheet: Click here.