Having IP is one thing, but being able to manage all of the IP available within a company can be a little more difficult. Because of that perceived need, IPextreme has introduced Xena™.
Xena serves both semiconductor companies managing IP assets within their company and IP companies who wish to have an infrastructure to manage the distribution and support of their IP products to customers. Xena takes advantage of the latest technology in cloud computing to provide a complete infrastructure for managing IP with employees and customers over the Internet.
The key elements of Xena include:
- Catalog and Lead Management: provides a searchable IP catalog that companies can use to organize and categorize their IP according to their own specifications, making it easy for employees and customers to locate IP. Included is functionality for lead management through email or with built-in integration to Salesforce.com.
- Product Management: includes a set of product management features to allow companies to manage the lifecycles of their IP. Through Xena, IP designers can manage releases and push updates and notices automatically to their customers, ensuring that customers are always enabled with the latest product versions.
- Packaging System: Xena's IP packaging features allow companies to take advantage of the same techniques that IPextreme uses to make IP products that are easier for customers to use by encapsulating knowledge from the original IP designers into licensable IP packages.
- License Management: provides features for companies to control access to their IP by setting up customer accounts that provide secure access to the IP. A variety of features are available to support single-use, multi-use, subscription, and perpetual license models, and to track which customers have active maintenance contracts in place.
- Support System: provides features for companies to control access to their IP by setting up customer accounts that provide secure access to the IP. A variety of features are available to support single-use, multi-use, subscription, and perpetual license models, and to track which customers have active maintenance contracts in place.
Xena comes in two product offerings: Xena Cloud and Xena Enterprise. In the Xena Cloud model, IPextreme provides a private Xena server for a company. The server is hosted in the cloud with IPextreme handling the administration of the host server. The company buys subscriptions for its Xena users. In the Xena Enterprise model, companies host Xena on their own internal servers, handle administration of the server, and have unlimited numbers of users.Xena Pricing
Subscriptions for Xena Cloud start at $200 per month for each user token, with tiered volume discounts available as the number of users grows. For more information on the pricing of Xena for the Xena Enterprise model, please contact IPextreme directly. In both models, customers of IP providers can use Xena for free.Brian Bailey
– keeping you covered
If you found this article to be of interest, visit EDA Designline
where you will find the latest and greatest design, technology, product, and news articles with regard to all aspects of Electronic Design Automation (EDA).
Also, you can obtain a highlights update delivered directly to your inbox by signing up for the EDA Designline weekly newsletter – just Click Here
to request this newsletter using the Manage Newsletters tab (if you aren't already a member you'll be asked to register, but it's free and painless so don't let that stop you [grin]).