Linear Technology Corp. has introduced the LTC2862-2865, a family of rugged, high voltage tolerant RS485/RS422 transceivers for elimination of field failures without the need of costly external protection devices.
The LTC2862-2865 feature ±60V overvoltage fault protection on data transmission lines, protecting bus pins during operation and power shutdown. The LTC2862-2865 tolerate any voltage within ±60V without damage, increasing the robustness of any typical RS485 network. The low power family supports fast 20Mbps and low-EMI slew-rate-limited 250kbps data rates, as well as half- and full-duplex versions.
Applications include industrial control, instrumentation networks and automotive electronics. An extended ±25V input common-mode range and full failsafe operation improve data communications reliability in electrically noisy environments and in the presence of ground loop voltages.
The LTC2862-2865 family is offered in commercial, industrial and automotive temperature grades and available in DFN and SO packages with industry-standard pinouts.
- Protected from Overvoltage Line Faults to ±60V
- 3V to 5.5V Supply Voltage
- 20Mbps or Low EMI 250kbps Data Rate
- ±15kV ESD Interface pins, ±8kV All Other Pins
- Extended Common-Mode Range: ±25V
- Guaranteed Failsafe Receiver Operation
- Supports up to 256 Nodes
- Separate 1.65V to 5.5V Logic Supply Pin (LTC2865)
- Temperature Range: -40°C to 125°C
- Industry-Standard Pinouts
Pricing: Starts at $2.35 each for the 20Mbps half-duplex versions in 1,000 piece quantities.
Datasheet: Click here.