Targeted at the rapidly growing tablet and ultrabook market, Cypress Semiconductor Corp.'s latest Gen4 TrueTouch controller dubbed CY8CTMA1036 device has 65 sense-I/Os, enabling it to deliver flawless touchscreen performance for screens up to 12 inches.
The CY8CTMA1036 uses a 32-bit ARM Cortex core, and offers 65 sensing I/O channels with support for up to 1036 nodes on the screen, 35 percent more than any other single-chip solution, according to Cypress. Additional sensing channels are essential for greater accuracy, linearity, support for smaller sized fingers and the ability to resolve multiple fingers close together.
- 32-bit ARM Cortex core
- Supports 1036 nodes on 12-in. screens
- Delivers built-in 10V Tx to drive the touch panel at 10V
- Active power consumption of 2 mW
- Deep sleep mode that draws 1.8 uW with wake-up via address match on the COM port
- Refresh rate of 400Hz
- Scans a capacitive touch panel at 1,000 Hz
- Linearity of 0.2 mm
- Waterproofing allows products to meet IP-67 standards
- Supports Android and Windows 8
Availability: Sampling multiple customers now and expect to start production shipments by the end of this quarter.
For more information: click here.