ZMD AG (ZMDI) has introduced a 16-bit sensor signal conditioning IC (SSC) for calibrated resistive sensor modules.
The ZSSC3016 combines high accuracy amplification, 16-bit precision analog-to-digital conversion, and an 18-bit DSP for linearization and calibration functions. The high resolution sensor interface ASSP provides special features for battery driven low power devices, such as an overall current consumption of less than 1mA combined with an ultra low standby current of less than 250nA, operation voltages between 1.8 and 3.6V and an intelligent power save scheme to ensure lowest overall current consumption.
Designed for high resolution altimeter module applications, the ZSSC3016 is intended for use in mobile phones, sport watches or outdoor GPS tracking systems.
- Broad power supply range of 1.8 – 3.6 V
- Low current consumption of <1mA and stand-by current of <250nA
- Noise-free 16-bit output signal for altitude resolution of < 15cm at sea level
- Fully-corrected digital output signal simplifying the system design
- Power supply rejection ratio of up to 90dB at 2V for mobile devices
- One-pass calibration reduces BOM and manufacturing costs
- Operates at a temperature range of -40°C to +85°C
Pricing: Parts are priced at 0.78 Euro / US$1.09 in volumes of 10k.
Availability: The ZSSC3016 is available as die for wafer bonding. Samples and wafer material are available now.
Datasheet: Click here.