Maxim Integrated Products Inc. is calling its MAX14578E/MAX14578AE the industry's smallest USB battery charger detectors that are compliant with the USB Battery Charging Specification.
The MAX14578E/MAX14578AE detect USB standard downstream ports (SDPs), USB charging downstream ports (CDPs), or dedicated charger ports (DCPs), in addition to proprietary charger adapters from Apple and Sony. When a charging port is detected, the MAX14578E/MAX14578AE will control an external lithium-ion (Li+) battery charger controller to optimize charge time and charging efficiency.
An on-chip LDO provides a 5.3V output, which can be used to power a USB transceiver. In addition, ESD protection on the USB data pins is extended up to ±15kV (Human Body Model) and ±8kV IEC 61000-4-2 Contact Discharge.
The MAX14578E/MAX14578AE are available in a 12-bump, 0.4mm pitch, 1.3mm x 1.68mm WLP package for space-critical applications, and in a 16-pin TQFN package for ease of manufacturing. They operate over the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range.
- Compliant to USB Battery Charging Revision 1.1
- Data Contact Detection for Foolproof Connector Insertion Detection
- USB Dead Battery Charging Support
- Charging Downstream Detection
- Apple/Sony Charger Detection
- Dedicated Charger Detection
- China YD/T1591-Compliant Charger Detection
- Internal Switches Isolate the USB Transceiver During the Charger Detection Process
- VBUS Connection Capable of 28V
- Device Status Change Interrupt
- Low Supply Current
- High ESD Protection on CD+ and CD-
- ±15kV Human Body Model
- ±8kV IEC 61000-4-2 Contact Discharge
Datasheet: Click here.