Two new enhancement-mode low-noise amplifiers (LNAs) offer low noise figure and high linearity. The SKY67012-396LF (0.3 to 0.6 GHz) and SKY67013-396LF (0.6 to1.5 GHz) from Skyworks draws a current of 5 mA with a voltage range of 1.8–5 V. On-die active bias design ensures consistent performance, allows for unconditional stability, and simplifies external matching . The gallium-arsenide pHEMT devices, which offer the ability to externally adjust the supply current, are suitable for general-purpose industrial, scientific, medical (ISM band), and other high-frequency applications.
The SKY67012-396LF features an NF of 0.85 dB at 450 MHz and gain of 16.5 dB at 450 MHz, while the SKY67013-396LF offers an NF of 0.85 dB at 900 MHz and gain of 14 dB at 900 MHz.
- Flexible supply voltage from 1.8 to 5.0 V
- Adjustable supply current for higher IIP3
- Improved NF and linearity compared to SiGe LNAs
- Incorporates on-die stability structures
- Miniature DFN (8-pin, 2 x 2 mm) package (MSL1 @ 260°C per JEDEC J-STD-020)
For more information, visit www.skyworksinc.com