PARIS – Panasonic announced it has introduced the GP-KH232 series, a 1/3 type MOS full HD remote head camera system for surgical use. It is claimed to allow hospitals and clinics to upgrade surgical microscopes seamlessly from SD to HD.GP-KH232 key features:
The GP-KH232 camera head provides a 1/3 type, full HD, single MOS sensor delivering a 1080p resolution image, with 16x9 multi format. A 12-axis matrix control with independent color adjustment results in precise color reproduction. Also, dynamic range features enable highly contrasted scenes to maintain their color and detail for both dark and bright operating areas.
The GP-KH232CU HD camera control unit includes analog & digital HD outputs and simultaneous standard definition outputs. Multi-function controls offer gain selection, scene file selection, and expanded dynamic range.
• Compact camera head: 120 (W) x36 (H) X157 (d) MM (4-3/4 (W) x1-13/32 (H) x6-3/16 inches
• 1/3 type Full HD single MOS sensor
• 900 TV lines horizontal resolution
• Multi-format: (59.94Hz) 1080/59.94p, 59.94i, 29.97p (sF), 720/59.94p, 480/59.94p, 59.94i
(50Hz) 1080/50p, 50i, 25p (sF), 720/50p, 576/50p, 50i
• Multiple video outputs: HDMI, RGB/YPbPr, S-video
• Internal or External Synchronization
• Camera Head cables available in 2 m (6.6ft.), 4 m (13.1ft.) 6 m (19.7 ft.) &15 m (49.2 ft.) lengths Applications:
• Head mounted camera
• Industrial inspections
• Pathology lab
• ENT Availability and pricing:
The GP-KH232 series is available starting at a retail price of $4,500.Read also:Improving medical imaging with direct radiography
Choosing the right EMS partner for medical apps
Sensor fusion and MEMS for 10-DoF solutions
Wireless connectivity protocols for embedded systems------------------------
If you found this article to be of interest, visit Medical Designline
where you will find the latest and greatest design, technology,
product, and news articles with regard to all aspects of clean
technologies. And, to register to our weekly newsletter, click here.