Texas Instruments Inc. has introduced a high-side load switch that integrates a power PFET and a control NFET in a tiny 6-pin package.
Offering support for the industryís widest supply voltage range at 1.0 V up to 8 V, the TPS27081A is the most flexible replacement for discrete FET switches. The load switch also offers adjustable slew-rate control so designers can implement the device in any application that requires load switching or power sequencing, including notebooks, tablets, LCD televisions, global positioning systems (GPS) and set-top boxes.
- Better flexibility: Higher voltage range of operation for both the on/off function and input/output voltages supports wider range of applications with lower bill-of-materials cost.
- Higher reliability in the system: Supply inputs are fully protected against ESD strikes on all pins, thus providing better ESD compatibility with other on-board components than the competition.
- Ensures high efficiency: Low ON resistance with the high-current PFET ensures low voltage drop across the PMOS transistor.
- Higher Reliability: High-pulsed current rating allows reliability under short-circuit conditions, which ensures longer product lifetimes.
- Broad power switch portfolio: The TPS27081A complements TIís low ON-resistance integrated load switches, such as the TPS22965 and the TPS22929D.
Availability, packaging and pricing
The TPS27081A is available in a 2.9-mm x 1.6-mm x 0.75-mm thin SOT-23 (DDC) package. Suggested retail pricing in 1000-unit quantities is US$0.12.
For more information and to order samples, click here.