A low-power DDR3 memory buffer for LRDIMM applications increases memory capacity at higher speeds. The MB3518 buffer from Integrated Device Technology, Inc. (IDT) runs at 1.5 V or 1.35 V and operates at speeds up to 1866 megatransfers per second (MT/s) with two LRDIMMs in a channel.
The device offers 512 GB density, assuming quad-rank LRDIMMs at 32 GB. The capacity can be doubled to more than 1 TB using eight-rank 64 GB LRDIMMs, expected to launch in 2013. Additionally, the memory buffer features proprietary debug and validation features, including per-pin, on-die oscilloscope capability and built-in logic analyzer capture to expedite the development, validation, and test of fully buffered DIMM topologies.
- Supports DDR3-800, 1066, 1333, 1600, and DDR3-1866
- Supports 1, 2, 4, or 8 rank LR DIMMS
- Supports x4 or x8 DDR3 DRAMs
- Available in a 588-pin FCBGA
- 72-bit data path
- Dual QCA outputs
- 8 DCS inputs and 8QCS outputs
- 2 QAODT and 2 QBODT outputs
- Compliant to JESD 79-3E DDR3 DRAM spec
- SMBus 2.0 Spec compliant
For more information, visit IDT