A pair of enterprise-class SSDs offer 2 TB capacity and unlimited writes over the specified product lifespan. The s1120 PCIe Accelerator from STEC uses less than 25 W of power and targets applications such as big data, data analytics, statistical analysis and modeling, and video imaging and editing. The device plays well with others, allowing multiple SSDs to be deployed on a single server and features data-protection functions such as PowerSafe technology that ensure data retention in the event of power failure.
- Sustained Read Throughput: 1.4 GB/s
- Sustained Write Throughput: 1.1 GB/s
- Max 100% Read IOPS: 135,000
- Max 100% Write IOPS: 165,000
- Random Read IOPS (steady state): 100,000 (8K)
- Random Write IOPS (steady state): 35,000 (8K)
- Random 70%/30% IOPS (steady state): 58,000 (8K)
- Operational Temperature: 0° to 55°C
The company has also released a 2 TB SSD with a SAS interface. Designed to appear to any system or RAID controller as a standard drive that can be managed by existing storage management tools, the s840s features a proprietary controller that increases capacity and PowerSafe Technology to protect against unscheduled power outages.
Both products will be available in February, along with a new release of the company’s EnhanceIO SSD Cache Software. Visit STEC
for more details.