Optelian launched the MPX-9110 flexible 100G platform in a standalone 1RU form factor.
Configurable as either a muxponder or transponder, the MPX-9110 can aggregate and transport any mix of 10 Gb/s, 40 Gb/s and 100 Gb/s services over a 100G OTN DWDM wavelength. When deployed in place of 10 Gb/s wavelengths, the MPX-9110 provides a tenfold increase in capacity per wavelength, enhancing ROI and deferring costly overbuilds, according to the company. The platform also allows network operators to support new services, providing 40G and 100G over existing infrastructure engineered to support 10 Gb/s connections.
The MPX-9110 is fully compatible with existing 10 Gb/s networks and offers network operators a comprehensive set of features:
- Network flexibility 10/40 Gb/s muxponder and 100 Gb/s transponder in one device
- Service aggregation options 10x10 Gb/s, 1x40 Gb/s + 6x10 Gb/s, 2x40 Gb/s + 2x10Gb/s
- Client support 10/40/100 GbE, OC-192/STM-64, 8/10G FC, OTU2/3/4
- Best optical reach - DP-QPSK DWDM line interface with coherent optical receiver plus FEC
- Standalone design Service delivery, management and OSC in a compact 1RU form factor