ACCES I/O Products Inc. has released a new family of PCI-104 serial communication boards—the 104I-COM-8SM Series. These PCI-104 boards feature a selection of 8, 4, or 2-ports of field selectable RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 asynchronous serial protocols on a port by port basis.
Ports are accessed via two 40-pin IDC type right angle header connectors. The 104I-COM-8SM Series are feature-rich and allow for the connection of multiple serial devices—ideal for a variety of applications such as POS, gaming systems, retail, hospitality, automation, kiosks, defense industries, high-density networking, or any other application requiring the connection of RS-232/422/485 serial devices to a PCI-104 compatible system.
Each RS-232 port is capable of supporting data communication rates up to 921.6 kbps and implement full modem control signals to ensure compatibility with a broad variety of serial devices. RS-422 and RS-485 modes support data communication speeds up to 1.8432 Mbps. Based on the XR17D158, the boards have eight enhanced 16550 compatible UARTS and include 64-byte transmit/receive FIFO buffers to decrease CPU loading and protect against lost data in multi-tasking systems while maintaining 100% compatibility with all operating system COM port software. ACCES offers the 104I-COM-8SM, 4SM, and 2SM in both standard and extended temperature versions ideal for outdoor applications, harsh industrial surroundings, or military use.
Available accessories include a broad range of ribbon cables and screw terminal boards for quick and easy connectivity. Special order items such as conformal coating, custom baud rates, custom software, and more, are also available.
- 8, 4, and 2-port PCI-104 serial communication boards
- Field selectable RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 protocols, per port
- Speeds up to 1.8432Mbps in RS-422/485 modes (RS-232 up to 921.6 kbps)
- 16550 compatible register set with 64-byte FIFO for each TX and RX
- ±15kV ESD protection on all RS-232 signal pins
- Full modem control signals in RS-232 mode
- Auto-RTS feature makes half-duplex RS-485 communication effortless
- Fixed bias and jumper selectable termination provided on each transmit and receive channel
- Software compatible with all operating systems as standard COM port
- RS-485 full-duplex (4-wire) fully supported
- RS-232 only versions and extended temperature (-40°C to +85°C) available
Pricing: Starts at $169, depending on model.
Datasheet: Click here.