Pericom Semiconductor Corp.'s latest switching and power management products target the advanced connectivity requirements of the latest CPU chip sets for mobility and related applications.
The power management products control platform voltage distribution with unique features for mobile platforms, while the new switching products are optimized for Thunderbolt, USB, and HDMI/DP(DisplayPort) switching applications.
The two new power management load switches sequence the voltage turn-on in mobile platforms to help conserve battery drain. Pericom offers industry unique linear slew rates which provide a smooth voltage ramp, with the benefit of preserving battery life.
The new 10.3Gbps Thunderbolt high speed switch is designed to multiplex and de-multiplex the main Thunderbolt data paths into individual signals from the graphics processor and route them to a platform connector or end point. The switch includes two 10.3Gbps full duplex data paths, can accept DP and HDMI signals, and offers extremely low power and signal attenuation to preserve high speed signal integrity and system performance.
The two new HDMI/DP high speed switches can accept a very wide signal range, which enables the platform’s video stream to operate, even if the external signal is less than optimum. The new USB signal switch adds a unique feature that protects the CPU chipset from accidental over-voltage damage via USB connector reversal or mishandling.
Samples and production quantities for all products are available now.
- PI3PD22920 – Power management load switch with linear slew and active low control.
- PI3PD22919 – Power management load switch with linear slew and active high control.
- PI3TB212 – Thunderbolt / HDMI / DP full duplex switch with low power operation.
- PI3WVR12612 - HDMI/DP wide voltage range signal switch with added DDC (Display Data Channel) switch.
- PI3WVR12412 – HDMI/DP wide voltage range signal switch.
- PI3USB102E – USB signal switch with over-voltage protection feature.
Budgetary Pricing – for 10Ku OEM quantities
- PI3PD22920 and PI3PD22919 – $0.37
- PI3TB212 – $1.49
- PI3WVR12612 - $1.60
- PI3WVR12412 – $1.50
- PI3USB102E - $0.80