Touchstone Semiconductor announced the TS3300 boost regulator, which uses only 3.5µA of supply current, and offers efficiency performance that is constant over a 100:1 span in output current. According to Touchstone, no other low-power boost converter offers this level of performance.
The TS3300 can operate from supply voltages as low as 0.6V up to 4.5V and can deliver at least 75mA of continuous output current. The TS3300 can be powered from a wide variety of power sources, including single or multiple-cell alkaline or single Li-chemistry batteries.
The boost regulator’s output voltage range can be user-set from 1.8V to 5.25V to power an entire range of low-power analog circuits, microcontrollers and low-energy Bluetooth radios simultaneously. While configured to produce a 3V output from a 1.2V input source, the TS3300’s efficiency performance is constant over a 100:1 span in output current. For powering low-energy radios, its internal, low-dropout linear regulator can deliver up to 100mA output current while reducing boost-converter-generated output voltage ripple by 3x.
- A Low-Power Boost + Linear Regulator in one PCB-saving TQFN package
- Boost Regulator Maintains 84% Efficiency over 100:1 Output Current Range
- Delivers >100 mA at 3VOUT from 1.8VIN
- Low No-load Supply Current: 3.5µA
- Includes Anti-Crush: Automatic Start-up Current Limiting from Weak Power Sources
- Adjustable VOUT Range: 1.8V to 5.25V
- Single-inductor Synchronous Rectifier
- 100-mA Internal Low-dropout Linear Regulator
- Fully specified over the -40°C to +85°C temperature range
- Thermally enhanced 16-pin 3x3mm TQFN package
The TS3300 is aimed at handheld/portable applications such as wireless remote sensors, RFID tags, wireless microphones, solar cell post-regulator/chargers, post-regulators for energy harvesting, blood glucose meters and personal health-monitoring devices.
Pricing: $0.85 in 1K-piece quantities.
Availability: Now and ready to ship from Touchstone’s authorized distributors, Digi-Key, WPGAmericas, and the WPI Group in Asia.