Fairchild Semiconductor's latest 100-V BoostPak devices combine a MOSFET and diode in one package to replace discrete solutions currently used in LED TV / monitor backlight, LED lighting and DC-DC converter applications.
By integrating the MOSFET and diode into a single package, the FDD1600N10ALZD and FDD850N10LD devices save board space, simplify assembly, lower bill of material (BOM) costs and improve reliability of the application.
The devices feature an N-channel MOSFET produced using Fairchild’s PowerTrench process that has been tailored to minimize the on-state resistance while maintaining superior switching performance. The NP diode is a hyperfast rectifier with low forward voltage drop and excellent switching performance. It has much lower leakage current than a Shottky diode, which improves system reliability in high temperature applications.
- RDS(ON) = 124 mO (Typ.)@ VGS = 10 V, ID = 3.4 A
- RDS(ON) = 175 mO (Typ.)@ VGS = 5 V, ID = 2.1 A
- Low Gate Charge = 2.78 nC (Typ.)
- Low Crss = 2.04 pF (Typ.)
- RDS(ON) = 61 mO (Typ.)@ VGS = 10 V, ID = 12 A
- RDS(ON) = 64 mO (Typ.)@ VGS = 5.0 V, ID = 12 A
- Low Gate Charge = 22.2 nC (Typ.)
- Low Crss = 42 pF (Typ.)
- Fast switching
- 100% avalanche tested
- Improved dv/dt capability
- RoHS compliant
Packaging and Pricing Information
Price: in 1,000 quantity pieces FDD1600N10ALZD:$0.49 and FDD850N10LD: $0.57
Availability: Samples available upon request; delivery: eight to 12 weeks ARO.