The folks at Actel have just announced the availability of their A2F500 Development Kit for customers wanting to take immediate advantage of the highest density member of their SmartFusion intelligent mixed-signal FPGA family.
The kit is supported by Actel's Libero Integrated Design Environment (IDE), which includes SoftConsole Eclipse-based embedded software development environment.
The availability of this development kit complements the production availability of SmartFusion A2F500 devices. The device offers 500K system gates, a hard 100 MHz 32-bit ARM Cortex-M3-based microcontroller subsystem with 512 MB of embedded flash and 64 KB of SRAM. The programmable analog blocks were also improved and now include 3 ADCs and 3 DACs, 10 comparators and much more.
The A2F500 Development Kit includes:
Pricing and Availability
- SmartFusion development board with SmartFusion A2F500M3G-FGG484 device
- Ethernet, EtherCAT, CAN, RS485, UART, I2C and SPI interfaces
- Mixed Signal and Digital Expansion Header to connect application daughtercards
- Extensive off-chip SRAM, Pseudo SRAM, SPI Serial Flash and NOR Flash memories
- Several switches, LEDs, Organic LEDs
- Low-cost programming stick (LCPS)
The A2F500-DEV-KIT is priced at $999 and available now for ordering. Customers may contact their local Actel sales office or distributor for more information. For evaluating SmartFusion FPGAs, an Evaluation Kit based on the A2F200 device is also available for $99 (A2F-EVAL-KIT).