MOSAID Technologies Inc. has announced its HLNAND™2 memory interface for flash memory SSDs, which is optimized for use in mass storage applications, including enterprise data centers and high-performance computing.
MOSAID's HLNAND (HyperLink NAND) Flash Memory Specification 2 uses a high-speed, point-to-point ring topology, enabling SSD data transfer rates into the multiple Gigabyte-per-second range. With a raw data rate of up to 800MB/s per channel, and 1600MB/s per channel with DuplexRW™, HLNAND2 requires only one memory channel to reach a data transfer rate on the host interface exceeding 1 GB/s.
- 8-bit, synchronous, DDR data bus
- operates at up to 400MHz to deliver up to 800MB/s of throughput Flash interface speed closely matched to high-speed system interconnects such as PCIe generations 2 and 3
- DuplexRW™: Simultaneous DDR800 read & write, effectively 1600MB/s data throughput
- Power saving by automatic packet truncation
- Built-in EDC (Error Detection Code)
Engineering samples will be available later in 2011