Spirent Communications has introduced the VR5 HD Spatial Channel Emulator for testing MIMO-based wireless base stations and mobile devices. The new emulator is specifically targeted at LTE and LTE-Advanced, which rely on large numbers of antennas, higher bandwidth, and band aggregation to deliver high-speed data.
The VR5 HD Spatial Channel Emulator features a touchscreen interface that was developed specifically for intuitive control of complex MIMO systems. It provides step-by-step graphical feedback during setup and execution. The emulator also can host proprietary applications including virtual drive testing, dynamic environment emulation, and direct data playback which bring the “real world” into the lab.
- Up to 8x4 MIMO emulation in a single 6U bench-top unit
- Touchscreen GUI designed to simplify control over a complex MIMO/beamforming environment
- Ready for MIMO Over-the-Air (MIMO-OTA) testing
- Expandable bandwidth (up to 100 MHz)
- Supports key Spirent software features:
Product web page
- Dynamic Environment Emulation (DEE)
- Fading Lab (fading data playback)
- Virtual Drive Test scanner-data conversion