Skyworks Solutions, Inc. has introduced three wideband quadrature modulators for cellular infrastructure and high performance radio link applications. These new, fixed gain quadrature modulators are optimized for phase accuracy and amplitude balance to support high performance in a variety of multi-carrier communication systems. The new devices feature a greater than 500 megahertz (MHz) 3dB modulation bandwidth.The modulators accept two differential baseband inputs and a single-ended local oscillator, and generate a single-ended RF output.
The SKY73077 (for 1500 to 2700 MHz), for example, features
- RF frequency operation range: 1500 to 2700 MHz
- Modulation bandwidth > 65 MHz (0.1 dB), 210 MHz (1 dB)
- Side-band suppression better than –40 dBc
- Carrier feedthrough of –40 dBm
- Noise floor of –158 dBm/Hz
- Single supply: 4.75 to 5.25 V
- QFN (24-pin, 4 x 4 mm) package (MSL1, 260 °C per JEDEC J-STD-020)
Other modulators in the series include the SKY73078 (for 500 to 1500 MHz), and the SKY73092 (for 400 to 6000 MHz).
Skyworks' new quadrature modulators are available now.
Product web page