Aeroflex Incorporated recently released the AX-Series of automated test equipment (ATE) for the characterization and production testing of consumer RF and mixed-signal semiconductors. The AX-Series is designed for consumer integrated device manufacturers (IDMs) and fabless semiconductor manufacturers who develop cost-sensitive ICs and need less expensive test systems to perform critical characterization and production testing. Available as turnkey systems or configurable subsystem modules, the AX-Series is based on industry standard AXIe and PXI modules.
The AX-Series includes numerous products spanning a range that extends from cost-effective benchtop semiconductor characterization systems to high-volume production test systems. The complete product line aims to offer traditional semiconductor ATE performance for labs in a low-cost form factor—and enables the development of low-cost production test systems for RF and mixed signal ICs and modules.
RF devices targeted by the AX-Series include discretes, power amplifiers, front-end modules, tuners, RFID, Near Field Communication (NFC), Zigbee®, Bluetooth®, WLAN, and transceivers. Consumer mixed-signal devices targeted include wired communications, audio/video, interface, modems/CODECs, microcontrollers, and MEMs.
Turnkey integrated systems are available in several different configurations and leverage industry standard AXIe and PXI chassis.
Price & Availability
- The WRX is a turnkey 20 slot PXI RF system which supports typical configurations of 2 to 16 bi-directional vector ports that capable of performing S-parameters, continuous wave (CW), multi-tone, and full modulation to 6 GHz on each port.
- The AX500 is a 5 slot AXIe system which supports typical configurations of 12-48 device power supplies and 48-192 400 MB digital pins.
- The AX520 is a combination 5 slot AXIe + 20 slot PXI system which supports 12-48 device power supplies, 48-192 400 MB digital pins, and 2-16 RF ports.
- The AX1020 & AX1040 are 10 slot AXIe and 20/40 slot PXI systems which support 12-96 power supplies, 48-384 400 MB digital pins, and 2-32 RF ports.
Pricing for the AX-Series starts at U.S. $95,000 for a minimally configured AX500 system. The AX-Series is a highly configurable product line and each system price will vary depending upon instruments and accessories ordered.
(800) 835-2352 or email@example.com