Microchip Technology Inc. announced the PIC12LF1840T48Aóthe first in a family of single-chip devices that integrate an eXtreme Low Power (XLP), 8-bit PIC microcontroller with a sub-GHz RF transmitter. The PIC12LF1840T48A is well suited for use in space-, power- and cost-constrained applications, such as remote keyless entry fobs for automobiles, garage doors and home security systems, as well as a range of other home and building automation systems.
Price and Availability:
- Optimized to run Microchipís royalty-free KEELOQ advanced code-hopping technology, a security technology used worldwide by leading manufacturers.
- Operating voltage of 1.8V
- Fully Integrated Transmitter
- FSK Operation up to 100 kbps
- OOK Operation up to 10 kbps
- Operation in 418, 434 and 868 MHz Bands:
- 8 Selectable center frequencies
- +10 dBm or 0 dBm Configurable Output Power:
- Up to 100 kbps bit rate in FSK, 10 kbps bit rate in OOK
The PIC12LF1840T48A is available today for samples, in a 14-pin TSSOP package, and volume production is expected in January. Pricing: $1.06 each in 10,000-unit quantities.More InformationDatasheet
Application Note: AN1393 Using the PIC12LF1840T48A Microcontroller With Integrated Sub-GHz Transmitter