Texas Instruments Incorporated's MSP430 line of 16-bit ultra-low-power microcontrollers for automotive applications has achieved AEC-Q100 certification. Automotive systems designers now have access to more than 50 MSP430 Value Line microcontrollers for use in applications including interior cabin motors, capacitive touch, infotainment systems, and remote keyless entry.
MSP430 automotive qualified microcontrollers receive the same support and software available for all MSP430 devices. The inclusion of easy-to-use, scalable and code-compatible software, including the Grace software plug-in for Code Composer Studio IDE, helps developers speed designs and migrate to a roadmap of devices that offer more performance, memory options, greater connectivity and a higher temperature range.
- 16-bit microcontrollers priced as low as $0.30 reduce system costs and extend a vehicle’s battery life and fuel efficiency
- LIN software drivers allow developers to easily design LIN-based applications and products
- Devices are qualified for environments up to 105 degrees Celsius ambient temperature (Grade 2 & Grade 3) allowing developers to design systems that perform in extreme conditions
- MSP430G2xx and MSP430F2xx microcontroller series offer up to 16 MHz, 32 KB flash and 1024 Bytes SRAM, allowing developers to choose the best performance and memory options for their solution
- Optimized efficiency with ultra-low standby power of 0.4 µA and <1 µS wake-up time as well as integrated intelligent peripherals, such as 10-bit ADCs, UART, comparator and serial communication
- Tools and support for MSP430 automotive microcontrollers
TI offers design support for the MSP430 MCU platform along with technical documents, training, tools and software to help designers develop products and release them to market faster. Developers can get started with the MSP430 microcontroller Value Line LaunchPad development kit (MSP-EXP430G2
) for $4.30 USD. It can be ordered at www.ti.com/launchpad
. Pricing and availability
MSP430 automotive microcontrollers start at $0.30 USD for 50K units and are available for sampling. Additional information on tool options and pricing can be found at www.ti.com/430auto-pr-es
For more information visit www.ti.com/430auto-pr-lp