Embedded World, Nuremberg – SYSGO has announced the new 3.3 release of its flagship product PikeOS, which extends SMP and Linux support to new multicore architectures, along with new certifiable file system, certifiable IP stack, performance improvements, and many enhancements in tools.
The new 3.3 release expands the scope of this SSV (Safe and Secure Virtualization) based RTOS product to new hardware platforms, new Guest OSes, and new functionality across existing features.
The most significant new items in this release include:
• New Android Personality on MIPS
• Linux Personality extended to MIPS and SPARC architectures
• Full support of MIPS32 (up to 74K and further) platforms
• Certifiable IP Stack (for PikeOS Native and POSIX Personalities)
• Certifiable File System (for PikeOS Native and POSIX Personalities)
• Driver Development Kit
• Ethernet drivers performance improvements
• PCI manager for secure bus partitioning
• Numerous enhancements of CODEO IDE
PikeOS partitions and personalities
The PikeOS product is used in various industry segments such as avionics, defense, space, railway, industrial, automotive, medical and security in general. The design, implementation and testing processes used for its development make it certifiable to highest levels of security and safety standards for all industries, including DO-178B/C, IEC 61508, EN 50128, IEC 62304, ISO 26262 and Common Criteria’s EAL.Availability
The PikeOS 3.3 release will be available in April 2012. For more information visit www.sysgo.com