Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) has introduced the C5000 ultra-low-power digital signal processor (DSP)-based Audio Capacitive Touch BoosterPack. This is a new plug-in board for the $4.30 MSP430 LaunchPad development kit, and it is the first solution from TI where a DSP is solely controlled by a microcontroller which allows designers to add audio and other real-time features to their system without DSP programming experience. The BoosterPack is ideal for low-power applications that use record and playback audio functions such as MP3 players, home automation, and industrial applications..
Featuring a C553x ultra-low-power DSP and an MSP430 Value Line device, the Audio Capacitive Touch BoosterPack combines the industryís leading ultra-low-power microcontroller and DSP platforms. This allows developers to add DSP functionality to their microcontroller applications while ensuring low power consumption. Developers can easily control the DSP through simple commands using the UART by leveraging the pre-programmed DSP functions.
Pricing and availability
- C553x ultra-low-power DSP, the industryís lowest total power DSPs with total active core power < 0.15 mW/MHz at 1.05V, enables crystal clear audio/voice MP3 encode and decode.
- MSP430G2452 microcontroller offers standby power of 0.5uA and <1Ķs wake-up time for a wide range of low-power applications.
- MSP430 microcontroller capacitive touch interface allows users to control volume, select song titles and record and playback audio files.
- Integrated LED display, high-speed USB 2.0 and SD/MMC interfaces offer an enhanced user experience.
- Free capacitive touch library enables capacitive touch buttons, sliders, wheels and proximity sensors on all MSP430 microcontrollers, eliminating the need for developers to create complex touch-sensing algorithms.
- Supported by a complete OLED user interface and MP3 record/playback software library, easing development.
The new C5000 ultra-low-power DSP-based Audio Capacitive Touch BoosterPack
(430Boost-C55audio1) is available today for a one-time promotional price of $30 USD for a limited time (normally priced at $34.99) in honor of TIís 30th anniversary of digital signal processing innovation. Customers can immediately place orders at www.ti.com/C55audio1estore. Developers can also take full advantage of the C553x ultra-low-power DSPs
, starting at $1.95 in quantities of 1,000 units, and the C5535 eZdsp development kit