OMRON Corporation developed a new hand gesture recognition technology capable of simultaneously recognizing the position, shape, and motion of a person's hand or finger by referencing a camera-recorded image. When used with the company’s facial image sensing technology, gesture recognition is started automatically using the analysis of an interrelation between the position or direction of the face and the hand shape or position. By eliminating the need for a trigger motion, such as a wave of the hand, a more natural interaction takes place with machines, and is based on some interpretation of intention.
- The elimination of trigger motion
- Hand and finger position, shape and movement is recognized simultaneously
- Gesture detection ranges from 10cm to several meters
- High speed recognition for smartphones and tablets
- Small program size for easy embedding
For more information see OMRON