Agilent Technologies Inc. announced new capabilities for RF power amplifier design in the next major release of Agilent's Advanced Design System.
Agilent's new technologies and breakthroughs for RF power amplifier design include:
• Side-by-side finite element method electromagnetic simulation of different technologies to analyze electromagnetic interactions between ICs and interconnects, wire bond and flip-chip solder bumps in typical multichip RF power amplifier modules.
• Model support for the new artificial neural network-based Agilent NeuroFET model, extracted by Agilent EEsof's IC-CAP device modeling software, which enables more accurate FET modeling and simulation results (for high-power GaN FET amplifiers, for example).
• Improved integration with Electromagnetic Professional software. Three-dimensional EM components from EMPro can now be saved as database cells for use directly in ADS.
• The immediate beta release of the new ADS electro-thermal simulator to select customers. Based on a full 3-D thermal solver natively integrated into ADS, this new capability incorporates dynamic temperature effects to improve accuracy in "thermally aware" circuit simulation results.
• Enhancements to the ADS Load Pull DesignGuide, such as adding mismatch simulation to indicate device or amplifier sensitivity to load VSWR or phase angle.
• Enhancements to the Amplifier DesignGuide, including updates that make it easy to see amplifier performance at a specific output power or a specific amount of gain compression.
Availability: Agilent's ADS 2012 is expected to ship in August.
More Information: Product web page.