The folks at Xilinx say they are going to demonstrate advanced industrial automation applications and technology based on their Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoCs at the forthcoming SPS/IPC/DRIVES 2012 Exhibition being held in Nuremberg, Germany, November 27-29, 2012.
Demonstrations in Xilinx’s booth, H6-200, will highlight how the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoCs provide developers with solutions to the extreme bandwidth, smart vision, ubiquitous computing and security/safety needs of next-generation industrial automation applications.
Industrial automation experts from Xilinx and its Alliance Program Members will be on hand to talk about Xilinx’s extensive development and implementation infrastructure that includes industrial-specific platforms, IP cores and kits to build better systems, faster, with fewer chips.
- Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC Intelligent Drives Platform – This is a high-precision, low noise multi-motors electrical drive demonstration that shows a significant system performance improvement when compared to a conventional microprocessor or DSP implementation using the Xilinx Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC. QDESYS, a Xilinx Alliance Program member, will demonstrate how its NETMOT IP cores on Xilinx SoCs enable a scalable, cost-effective motor control for multiple motors while maintaining flexibility through reprogrammability.
- Zynq-7000 SoM Embedded Processing Platform – The Zynq-7000 SoM (System on Module) embedded processing module from ITR demonstrates the capability and flexibility of Xilinx Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoCs for rapid integration of industrial networking interfaces into an industrial automation subsystem.
- Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC POWERLINK Evaluation Platform – This industrial networking demonstration showcases POWERLINK master running on a Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC taking advantage of an Open POWERLINK stack and Linux operating systems running on a feature-rich ARM dual-core Cortex-A9 MPCore processor.
- IEC61508 Safety Control System and Isolation Design Flow – The Avnet Spartan-6 FPGA Evaluation Kit hosts a safety-oriented motor control system based on two Xilinx MicroBlaze processors running in dual-core lockstepping mode that ensures safety system functionality.
- FPGA-based Synchronization and Redundancy Platform – An energy market application with a high availability seamless redundancy (HSR)-parallel redundancy protocol (PRP) switch from Xilinx Alliance Program member SOC-e implements high-availability, seamless redundancy and parallel redundancy protocols for reliable and redundant Ethernet communications based on a Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA.
If you found this article to be of interest, visit Programmable Logic Designline
where – in addition to my Max's Cool Beans
blogs – you will find the latest and greatest design, technology, product, and news articles with regard to programmable logic devices of every flavor and size (FPGAs, CPLDs, CSSPs, PSoCs...).
Also, you can obtain a highlights update delivered directly to your inbox by signing up for my weekly newsletter – just Click Here
to request this newsletter using the Manage Newsletters tab (if you aren't already a member you'll be asked to register, but it's free and painless so don't let that stop you [grin]).