Lantronix Inc. has launched the Lantronix xSenso controller–the newest member of its xSenso analog sensor networking family, designed specifically for use in rugged and harsh environments, including industrial automation, process control, manufacturing, chemicals, oil and gas industries, and many more.
The new analog and relay outputs provide the ability to take action by instantly controlling industrial processes and equipment based on the sensor readings and predefined thresholds to solve real-time problems.
The new xSenso Controller is a compact, DIN-rail or wall mount solution that enables analog sensors (voltage or current) to easily and transparently send real-time data to any node on the Internet or to a cloud-based application. In addition to its already robust feature set, the new xSenso can take action when a condition is met (e.g., temperature threshold, pressure level, etc.), triggering its internal relays or outputting voltage or current to control an event in real time. In an existing control system, the xSenso can also be placed in between the sensor and the controller to mirror the analog data from its input to its output, while simultaneously presenting the data through a web browser to computers or mobile devices.
The product family is compatible with some of the most popular off-the-shelf data acquisition systems such as LabVIEW and DASYLab, and its compact and efficient design enables it to be affordably installed in dispersed or remote locations.
- Two isolated analog voltage/current inputs
- Two isolated analog voltage/current outputs or two mechanical relays
- Redundant input power
- Power excitation per input
- Ethernet port for communication
- USB port for configuration
- Supporting ModbusTCP protocol
- Web-based monitoring, charting, and data logging
- HTTP/HTTPS POST to cloud-based applications
- Email and text message alert notification
- Authentication, up to 256 bit encryption, SSL, SSH
- Industrial operating temperature range of -40° to +85° C
- 5-year limited warranty
Pricing: Starts at an MSRP of $235.