In recognition of the needs of next-generation wireless networks, Agilent announced new options for its midrange N9020A MXA X-series signal analyzer. I recently spoke with Sai Yang, product manager in Agilent Technologies’ microwave and communications division, about these new updates.
The options include 160MHz bandwidth and a real-time spectrum analyzer, and they can be applied to existing MXA signal analyzers. Agilent developed the wider bandwidth in order to satisfy WLAN and LTE channel bandwidth requirements (larger channel numbers require wider analysis bandwidth).
A notable spec for this product is its IF performance. For instance, EVM for 802.11ac demodulation of 0.3% is -50dB, which is on par with high-end signal analyzers. The RTSA option is the feature that was introduced earlier this year on the company’s PXA series, and it is now available on the mid-range MXA, which allows designer so see frequency-hopping series as well as interference and transition signals.
- 85/125/160 MHz analysis bandwidth options
- Flat IF frequency response across 160 MHz BW (< 0.4 dB peak-to-peak)
- 72 dB spurious-free dynamic range
- 138 dB signal-to-noise ratio
- Detect signals with durations as short as 3.57 µs with 100% probability of intercept
- Use frequency mask triggering (FMT) to identify or record complex signals
- 30-day free-trial license
Figure 1: Agilent MXA signal analyzers real-time display with frequency mask trigger for a multi-channel base stationFigure 2: Agilent MXA signal analyzer real-time display for an LTE FDD uplink signal
Yang points out that, “Adding real-time capabilities to new or existing MXAs is 1/7th the cost of a dedicated real-time analyzer.”
The starting price of a new N9020A MXA signal analyzer with the RTSA option for 160-MHz real-time bandwidth is $70,900.
The RTSA and analysis-bandwidth options are available as upgrades to existing analyzers. The compatibility of bandwidth upgrades depends on the existing configuration of the analyzer. The options are priced as follows:
• N9020A-B85, 85-MHz analysis bandwidth: $20,019
• N9020A-B1A, 125-MHz analysis bandwidth: $25,024
• N9020A-B1X, 160-MHz analysis bandwidth: $30,029
• N9020A-RT1 or N9020AK-RT1 (upgrade), real-time spectrum analyzer with up to 85-MHz analysis bandwidth: $7,231
• N9020A-RT2 or N9020AK-RT2 (upgrade), real-time spectrum analyzer with up to 160-MHz analysis bandwidth: $10,330More Information:Product web page
Find more datasheets on products at Datasheets.com, searchable by category, part #, description, manufacturer, and more.