Below is the full text from Steve Jobs's 2010 email with its original bold emphasis. It can also be accessed online here.
From: Steve Jobs <email@example.com>
Date: October 24, 2010 6:12:41 PM PDT
To: ET <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Top 100 -- A
Here's my current cut.
1. 2011 Strategy -- SJ
- who are we?
- headcount, average age, ...
- VP count, senior promotions in last year
- percent new membership at this meeting
- what do we do?
- pie chart of units/product line and revenues/product line
- same charts with tablets + phones merged together
- Post PC era
- Apple is the first company to get here
- Post PC products now 66% of our revenues
- iPad outsold Mac within 6 months
- Post PC era = more mobile (smaller, thinner, lighter) + communications + apps + cloud services
- 2011: Holy War with Google
- all the ways we will compete with them
- primary reason for this Top 100 meeting -- you will hear about what we're doing in each presentation
- 2011: Year of the Cloud
- we invented Digital Hub concept
- PC as hub for all your digital assets -- contacts, calendars, bookmarks, photos, music, videos
- digital hub (center of our universe) is moving from PC to cloud
- PC now just another client alongside iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, ...
- Apple is in danger of hanging on to old paradigm too long (innovator's dilemma)
- Google and Microsoft are further along on the technology, but haven't quite figured it out yet
- tie all of our products together, so we further lock customers into our ecosystem
- 2015: new campus
2. State of the Company -- Peter & Tim
- FY2010 recap
- FY2011 plan
- where is our business -- geo analysis (NA, Euro, Japan, Asia, possibly break out china)
(present on map)
- key milestones, trends & future goals
- comparisons with Google, Samsung, HTC, Motorola & RIM
3. iPhone -- Joz & Bob
- 2011 Strategy:
- "plus" iPhone 4 with better antenna, processor, camera & software to stay ahead of
competitors until mid 2012
- have LTE version in mid-2012
- create low cost iPhone model based on iPod touch to replace 3GS
- Business & competitive update
- show Droid and RIM ads
- Verizon iPhone
- schedule, marketing, ...
- iPhone 5 hardware
- H4 performance
- new antenna design, etc
- new camera
- cost goal
- show model (and/or renderings) -- Jony
4. iPad -- Bob, Jony, Dan Riccio, Michael Tchao ,Randy Ubillos, Xander Soren, Roger Rosner
- 2011 Strategy: ship iPad 2 with amazing hardware and software before our competitors even
catch up with our current model
- Business & competitive update -- Michael
- Apps, corporate adoption, ...
- show Samsung, HP(?) anf iPad ads
- 2011 Product Roadmap -- Bob, Dan & Jony
- iPad 2
- new ID, H4, UMTS + Verizon in one model, cameras, ...
- EVT units & cases
- HDMI dongle (use for projection of demos below?)
- iPad 3
- display, H4T
- PhotoBooth (Michael?)
- iMovie (Randy)
- GarageBand (Xander)
- text book authoring system (Roger)
- working display for iPad 3 (during break)
5. iOS - Scott, Joz
- Strategy: catch up to Android where we are behind (notifications, tethering, speech, ...) and
leapfrog them (Siri, ...)
- Timeline of iOS releases from first until Telluride, including Verizon
- Jasper tent poles
- Durango tent poles (without MobileMe)
- Telluride tent poles (with "catch up" and "leapfrog" notations on each one)
- Jasper: AirPlay to AppleTV -- video from iPad, photos from iPhone, ??
- Durango: ?? (without MobileMe features)
- Telluride: Siri, ?
6. MobileMe -- Cue, SJ, Roger Rosner
- Strategy: catch up to Google cloud services and leapfrog them (Photo Stream, cloud storage)
- deeply integrates Google cloud services
- way ahead of Apple in cloud services for contacts, calendars, mail
- Apple's year of the cloud
- tie all of our products together
- make Apple ecosystem even more sticky
- Free MobileMe for iPhone 4, iPad and new iPod touch
- Sign up with Apple ID, Find My iPhone
- Find My Friends, Calendar, Contacts, Bookmarks, Photo Stream
- iWork cloud storage
- cloud storage for third party apps
- iOS backup
- new iDisk for Mac
- projected growth, cost/user
- plan to scale to 100 million users
- transition plan for paid members
- what about email?
- Find My Friends
- Photo Stream
- iWork cloud storage (Roger Rosner)
7. Mac -- David Moody, Bob, Craig Federigi, Randy Ubilos & ?
- Hardware roadmap
- Lion plan
- Mac App Store
- Final Cut Pro DEMO (Randy & ?)
8. Apple TV 2 -- David Moody, Jeff Robbin
- Strategy: stay in the living room game and make a great "must have" accessory for iOS
- sales so far, projections for this holiday season
- add content:
- NBC, CBS, Viacom, HBO, ...
- TV subscription?
- where do we go from here?
- apps, browser, magic wand?
9. Stores Update -- Eddy, Patrice
- Strategy: Leap even further ahead of Google in music
- iTunes in the cloud
- App Store
- Strategy: Leap even further ahead of Google in discovering great new iOS apps
10. iAds Update -- Andy Miller
11. Retail Update -- Ron Johnson