In its second quarter, HP reported GAAP net revenues of $27.3 billion up 1% from the same period last year. Profits were up 18% to $1.3 billion.
Across its major business groups, HP reported:
- Personal Systems revenue was up 7% year-over-year with a 3.5% operating margin. Total units were up 10% with desktops units up 6% and notebooks units up 6%.
- Printing revenue was down 4% year-over-year with a 19.5% operating margin. Total hardware units were up 1%.
- Enterprise Group revenue was down 2% year-over-year with a 14.4% operating margin.
- X86 servers revenue was up 1%, storage revenue was down 6%, Itanium server revenue was down 14% and networking revenue was up 6%.
- Enterprise Services revenue was down 7% year-over-year with a 2.5% operating margin.
- Software revenue was flat year-over-year with a 19.2% operating margin.
— Rick Merritt, Silicon Valley Bureau Chief, EE Times